Thursday, June 14, 2012

Tightened, Cleaned Up, and Moving Forward!

Ok, so yes I’ve been really focused on trying to get Wilson Mooney #2 tightened, cleaned up, and moving forward! I’ve sworn off other stories, and have been monogamous to Wilson and Max’s relationship. Even though, other amazing characters from different stories keep tempting me to stray, I’ve committed to be an involved creator of Wilson Mooney, Eighteen at Last. So in keeping focused, I took a couple of days to hash through the story line with one of my betas and I’ve regained that spark that drew me to their story in the first place!

First off let me be the first to admit, it’s easy to fall into a pattern of writing one novel, starting the second and deciding to move onto a completely different story. There’s something sexy and alluring about creating a whole new world filled with totally different characters; characters that haven’t been smeared with the paints of pain, fear, first love, and jealousy.

Sometimes I forget the fact that this story is still brand new to many of my readers. Wilson and Max are addictive, new, exciting, sexy, and re-invigorating. Their relationship creates the bubbles in the back of reader’s throat or gets their hearts pounding and minds soaring. But for me, Wilson and Max have been together for over two years now. They’ve had to have experiences erased from their pages, words twisted and stricken from their mouths and even friends deleted from their lives. There are some back stories I hope I could recall on a whim and others I truly wish I could forget. Wilson, Max, Cindy, Nick and their families all have untold stories behind the written word that the readers will never see; events that clutter my mind and spew from my mouth when I am working through moments that seem awkward or unrelated. 

So when I sat at my computer and hammered out a scene that I needed to develop to drive their story forward, I began to feel the bubble return in the back of my throat. I started to feel the story pulse from my fingertips as they danced across my laptop keys. Suddenly, I was excited again.

Sometimes all it takes is a tiny spark to ignite the creative fire that blazes within.

I can’t promise you it will be done in the next couple of weeks, but I can promise it will be one wild ride so…Stay Tuned!

Thanks, and don’t forget to check out my other blog www.writtenandready.blogspot.com 

I'm just sayin'

No comments:

Post a Comment