Saturday, October 6, 2012

Getting Closer...



Okay, so if I would have remembered how frickin' frustrating editing in html was when using Mobipocket Creator I would have taken better notes when uploading the first Wilson Mooney! Urrghh…The most time consuming part, for me, is making sure the table of contents is working properly. After that, I always seem to need to re-set the title page, and each chapter heading. Forget ncx…that is just way out of range for me. Besides all new Kindles don’t use the ncx feature, because the reader can drag the bar across the screen. So Yay, on leaving behind the ncx formatting!

After writing, editing, and type-setting for print, I must go and create a couple documents for all the different electronic formats. I end up with roughly 3 different copies of Wilson, formatted 3 different ways. Print version has their requirements, Kindle has theirs, and Smashword (a distributor for all electronic formats) seem to have theirs too!

I don’t have the cover yet, but I am very close to having the book ready to go. What I’ve worked on last night was checking the formatting and functionality of different options with the electronic/eBook formats. Once I get the cover for the paperback and the electronic copy...I will be able to finish uploading the book…WOW, that was a pretty LOUD Whoop!

Oh man, if you guys only knew how crazy nervous I have been lately—I’ve been, driving everyone around me bonkers. I don’t bite my nails, but I do require the occasional “really, really” when I start to feel inadequate or unsure about the book.

Gosh, I just can’t get over the fact that there are thousands of readers waiting at the door. Waiting to find out what happens next between Wilson and Max. It’s pretty amazing that people—I don’t know, have become emotionally invested in the characters from my head. Let me just say…the pressure is on…

It’s close to that time to get ready for Wilson and Max to dance across the screens of your e-readers as they live amongst the words that give them their lives.

Thanks for waiting…it won’t be long now…So here’s a little something I’m working on to keep you excited...

Wilson Mooney ~ Eighteen at Last
(Back of the book description Rough Draft #1)

Eager to take the next step in their relationship, Wilson and Max return to Aspen to celebrate Wilson’s eighteenth birthday. When an uncontrollable situation leads to a split second decision, both will be tested like never before. Butterflies will soar, hearts will clash, and Wilson’s relationship with Max will spin into a silken cocoon with choices that seem too impossible to overcome.

Could it be…uncovering the deep ache that lays dormant in their hearts will become the real threat to their forbidden love? Or will the pressures of keeping their relationship a secret be too much to bear?

Are you ready?



No comments:

Post a Comment